200-Hour Certification Program
Satya Yoga Center’s 200-hour Certification Program is designed for yoga practitioners who wish to begin or refine a teaching career, or simply to deepen their personal practice. We offer a clear and systematic approach to yoga and teaching that will change the way you see yourself and the world.
Our program integrates ancient and modern views, rigorously studies the yoga postures, the art of sequencing, chanting, alignment, breathing practices, and meditation. Our aim is to bring to life all the rich aspects of the yoga tradition.
Make the leap, invest in yourself and discover the depth and beauty of these life changing practices! Upon successfully completing our program, you will be a Certified Yoga Teacher, and eligible to be a Registered Yoga Teacher. Satya follows in the lineage of Krishnamacharya, and while focusing on the Vinyasa style, also incorporates the teachings of B.K.S. Iyengar and T.K.V Desikachar.
Satya Yoga Center is a Registered Yoga Alliance School. (RYS)
- In-depth study of alignment and breath within the postures
- Developing the craft of teaching asana to others
- The art of sequencing
- Pranayama practices
- Meditation basics and techniques
- Experiential practice
- How to use props
- Restorative yoga
- Practice of Sanskrit terms for asanas
- Yoga therapeutics
- History of yoga
- Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Schools and styles of yoga
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- How to teach safely
- Touch corrections
- Language and use of voice
- Addressing issues and obstacles
- Business of yoga
- Western anatomy as it relates to Yoga (body systems: skeletal, muscles, organs, etc)
- Eastern anatomy (chakras, nadis, bandhas)
- Attendance in yoga classes (a minimum of one yoga class a week at Satya during the training is required)
- Meeting with other students for teaching practices and study
- Deepening your personal practice
- Meditation practice
- Student teaching
- Observing classes
- Reading and Reflection
- Mid-term and final written exam
- $3300 (Plan on purchasing books, not included in the tuition cost)
- $500 deposit to hold your place, full payment by first weekend. Reading list provided upon registration.
HOW TO APPLY
The 2013-2014 program is in progress. For information on our 2014-2015 program, please contact us.
2013-2014 TRAINING DATES
We meet the 2nd full weekend of each month, Saturday and Sunday, from 2:30 – 6:30pm.
- September 14-15
- October 12-13
- November 9-10
- December 14-15
- January 11-12
- February 8-9
- March 8-9
- April 12-13
- May 10-11
- June 14-15
Make-up sessions will be scheduled in case of inclement weather. There will be two additional days TBA for special workshops in Anatomy and Yoga Therapeutics.